Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Does a wood marker really work?

Photobucket

Have you ever been shopping for picture frames? If you have, you know how expensive they are. I recently bought frames for my kid's bathroom and bedrooms. I've had artwork from Farmhouse Five for months, waiting to be framed. They are beautiful and were very reasonably priced... however, decent frames (for all 10 prints) are not so reasonably priced. Finally, I decided to bite the bullet and just buy them. So, off to Michael's I went to find some frames, wallet heavy in hand.

Now, let me just say that I have a really hard time passing up a bargain. So when I spotted nice frames on clearance for $1.49, I about jumped out of my pants. As I walked closer I noticed that they were all damaged! DRATS! But wait, what if I could fix them??? So off I marched to the marker section to find a wood marker. I was very skeptical, but I'm pleased with the results! So what did I do?

Photobucket

Materials:

Wood Finish Stain Marker in the closest match to your grain as possible
Paper Towel
Frames

Photobucket

Steps:

1) Remove marker from package and shake well.

2) Hold tip of marker to a piece of cardboard in order to coax the stain into the tip (about five seconds or so). Be sure to use a piece of cardboard or something thick so it won't leak onto your work surface.

3) Gently dab marker onto the damaged section of wood.

Photobucket
Photobucket

4) Use paper towel to dab any excess stain from wood.

5) Repeat steps 3 & 4 if necessary.

6) Air dry.

7) Enjoy your art!!

Photobucket
Photobucket

Artwork From:
Photobucket


No comments: