Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Your Kids Will Love These Pancakes

Photobucket

I love a good pancake. I especially love pancakes from IHOP!! Their butter pecan syrup is just like a slice of heaven to me. I've been searching for years to find a good homemade pancake recipe. Of course, just like many American families, Bisquick was the Saturday morning staple at our house. Good, quick, easy, done. I've tried a few homemade recipes in my day, but let's be honest: They were gross. One recipe I tried, my kids wouldn't even eat them and that's quite a statement for my piggies.

I'd all but given up on anything but Bisquick and Ihop. Then I found this recipe and heaven sang a little. Well, maybe only in my head, but I swear to you I heard the Hallelujah chorus. So delicious, moist, fluffy, and just fantabulicious!!

So, you just HAVE to try this recipe. Yes I'm telling you what to do because your life may not be complete without these pancakes. So do it (please??).

Temptation:
Photobucket


Recipe:

Ingredients

3/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
2 tablespoons butter, melted
cooking spray
Directions

Combine milk with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to "sour".
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk egg and butter into "soured" milk. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.

You'll be so glad you did!!

No comments: