Tuesday, June 16, 2009

So it took me forever, but it's finally finished

I've been working on this romper for weeks now, figuring out the pattern and exactly what I wanted. Finally, I'm done! It's the first time I've ever done buttons on anything and I think they look really cute. My sewing machine makes it so much easier than I ever knew it could be. Woot for button hole attachments!! It's so exciting when you figure out new things to do! I love being creative.

Funny story about Hayden and the romper... I finished the buttons first and wanted to try it on Hayden before I did the snaps. Actually Ava was sleeping and I was just super excited to see it almost finished. So I put it on him, we went to show Daddy, and Hayden looked so sad. I asked him if he liked it and he said no. This of course, broke my heart. I asked him why and he just shrugged his shoulders. Then he said, "Mommy, it's a dress," and just put his head down. I didn't have the leg snaps attached yet. It really made me laugh out loud. As soon as I put the snaps on, then it was cool, but my little boy does not wear dresses - just for the record. LOL!

Anyway, I digress. Here is the finished product!!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Leigh @ Organic Mamas said...

Darling! We need more boy clothes on Etsy! (not that I have a boy to need clothes for, but still!) :)